Welcome to the Osgoode Village Community Association
We are the Osgoode Village Community Association, your non-profit volunteer-based organization devoted to making Osgoode Village an exceptional place to live.
We’ve been in existence since 1989 (formerly the Osgoode Business Association) and now are fully functioning under the Osgoode Village Community Association (OVCA) since 2004.
WHAT DO WE DO?
MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO ALL OSGOODE RESIDENTS!
WE MEET ON THE 3rd MONDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 6:30 PM (September – June, July is optional)
Currently we meet in the Fred A. Alexander room of the Osgoode Community Centre, 5660 Osgoode Main Street.
Please contact OVCA at email@example.com for upcoming events, community concerns and suggestions on how and what we can do to make improvements in the village.
Our Ward Councillor George Darouze is ready to listen to matters and concerns villagers may have, rest assured for we are the voice of the village!
Our Annual General Meeting is held each February and you can find the date to this included in the quarterly newsletter or posted on our website.
We have completed and/or have been working on the following projects:
- Re Publication of ‘The Osgoode Village Story‘, a 120-page book reviewing the village’s history and important events
- The Medieval Festival (first weekend after Canada Day each July)
- Beautification including Canada Flag and other seasonal banners on Osgoode Main Street and ‘cleanup days’ every spring and fall in partnership with Osgoode Youth Association
- Responsibility for the always-popular Canada Day Committee festivities including the parade, entertainment, games and fireworks
- The proposed BMX/Skateboard Park at the Community Centre
- Volunteer Community BBQ
- Christmas in the Village first week of December, complete with a Parade of Lights
- Hosting of www.osgoodevillage.com (this website)
- Representation on the Multi-Use Pathway Committee
- Improvements to the Ball Diamond seating
- Joella Park rejuvenation
And of course there are always things happening in the village by our other hardworking volunteer organizations including our church groups, service clubs, youth association and our theater group.
Please send us news and information from your organization to help us advertise your activities on our Facebook page. Your events should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register on this site if you wish to receive updates between our newsletters.